Monday, February 27, 2012

Your Brain on Support

Laser Provision: February 26, 2012. I have written many times about the notion of a "Limbic hijack," when your emotions take over and your thinking gets pushed to the side. When that happens, we often succumb to "fight, flight, or freeze" responses. Fight relates to anger; flight relates to fear; freeze relates to grief. That was what I was going through last week when I sent out my Provision, Your Brain on Grief. I have received scores of condolences since that time and I have new appreciation for the power of empathy to soothe the Limbic system and to help us get back on track. What follows, then, is a selection of the things you wrote to me following the death of my mother. I can hardly thank you enough. Click here to share this out-pouring of support with me...

No comments: